Monday, June 11, 2012

Is Social Media Beyond A Public Relations Professional’s Skill Set?

Is Social Media Beyond A Public Relations Professional’s Skill Set?

By Steve Farnsworth (@Steveology)
-
Howard Sewell is hardcore. He knows demand generation and lead management like nobody’s business. What I find amazing about him, and why I have hired and recommended him, is that the latest shiny object never distracts him. While other marketers are casting about for some questionable flash in the pan strategy with a cool buzzwordy name, Howard is laser focused on getting results, and knows what works to connect businesses directly with their target markets.

Which is why I was cheesed-off at Howard when he posted “Is Social Media Wasted on PR Agencies?” on his blog. Having a background working in PR, worked at an agency, and now fully engaged in social media, I felt a bit defensive when I read that headline.

Then I read the post. I could not have agreed more with his insight. He was right again.


Read this post: http://stevefarnsworth.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/social-media-beyond-public-relations-skill-set/

No comments:

Post a Comment